- While it's charming to keep a mid-century modern stove,…an old television set won't appeal to guests.…It's tempting to keep old stuff and try to save money.…In the end, you'll find that you actually don't save money…by holding onto certain things.…Technology is the fastest moving category of amenity…and it's important to keep it up-to-date and relevant.…A good television set has a limited useful life span.…You'll find that replacing…a television set every three years isn't a luxury…since the technology improves considerably over models.…
I also check reviews before buying…because other buyers have learned what's good and bad…about a particular model.…Guests will appreciate…a modern, capable entertainment system.…I subscribe to some of the more popular magazines…that cater to the tastes of men and women.…I also replace the old issues with the new ones immediately.…I'm sure we've all scoffed at the magazines…in the doctors' offices that are years old.…Travelers are more likely to read a current magazine…in your accommodation than to subscribe to one themselves.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.