- Sharing unused living spaces is not a new idea,…and it's remained a staple way to help make ends meet.…The vacation rental business has matured…over the years as well.…Now you can advertise your accommodation,…so that you can connect with travelers faster,…at a lower cost, with more transparency,…and a higher degree of security…than placing your own individual classified ads.…So let's evaluate this business opportunity for you.…In a recent San Fransisco economic impact study,…it was discovered that 56% of hosts in San Fransisco…used the money that they earn…to help pay their mortgage or rent.…
It was interesting to find out…that 72% of the accommodations…were outside the central hotel district,…which means they weren't taking away business…from other existing hotels.…And 42% of hosts used the extra money they earned…to pay for regular living expenses.…A New York study showed that average occupancy…was 6.4 nights, as compared to 3.9 nights…for hotel guests.…82% of listed accommodations in New York…were outside the main tourist areas,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.