Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Entertainment amenities, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- A key amenity for you rental is entertainment.…The entertainment options must be relevant…to the type of guest.…While it's perfectly okay for a log cabin…to have no television set,…most vacationers and business travelers…expect really fast internet,…the ability to watch movies and television shows,…and listen to music.…Let's explore how to handle this beautifully…and at a low cost.…I prefer DSL over cable internet.…I've found that DSL is more reliable.…While cable companies tout faster speeds,…they also share customer connections…over a single cable.…
DSL is a dedicated circuit, and in my experience,…the most reliable connection available.…The cost difference for the fastest speed possible…is usually small, and the benefit is that…you can cut the cable tv and offer…a digital-only experience for your guests.…If you're ordering internet for the first time,…be sure and do so early on,…because some areas require lead times,…and you don't want a lack of internet to become a fiasco.…When ordering service, get the wireless router…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.