Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Developing the property summary, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- Let's jump in and start developing a listing.…The great thing is you can pause and return,…and the information you entered will be saved for you.…You don't have to complete the…accommodation listing in one sitting.…The focus in this movie will be the…Property Description Summary.…And there's a lot of folks that don't have the…attention span to read through an entire property listing,…and while you may be very proud of what you're offering,…many renters on VRBO will skim.…Start to develop a strategy around this…by keeping information bite-sized,…rather than having it feel like an essay,…or even worse, a novel.…
On this page you can see the first section,…which is Listing Basics.…I'll be covering sections, not the entire process.…Not everyone needs technical help with VRBO,…so the focus here is getting the content just right,…not so much the way to use the website,…although, both are clearly covered.…Go ahead and click Set Up,…then select Country.…From here, go ahead and fill in the property address.…Most of the information will automatically fill in for you.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.