Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Determining reasonable check-in and check-out policies, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- Travelling is exciting and fun.…Your guests will often be far away from home…in a strange city.…And in a perfect world,…everything goes smoothly,…but sometimes travel plans change suddenly…and there may be also language barriers…in communicating with overseas guests.…And when you're dealing with the human element,…such as housekeeping help,…or the key holder to your accomodation,…things can go wrong and cause anxiety…for both the guest and host.…It's important to set up check-in and checkout times…that make sense and provide a generous buffer…for all eventualities that may cause a bump in the road.…
My advertised check-in time is 4pm,…and my checkout time is 11am.…And in the prior movie,…I asked you to follow my lead by entering those times…into the property profile,…but I would like to further explain why.…This is a span of five hours that allows…ample time for the housekeeping turnover…of the spaces I rent on VRBO.…Whether you have one or multiple people…cleaning the space after checkout,…the total time required to clean it…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.