Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Course corrections when managing guests, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- Let's talk about managing expectations…during a booking request e-mail exchange.…I've had requests to use my apartment…for a filming location,…for occupancy higher than advertised,…for requests to stay half a day at a discount,…and requests to stay longer than my limit of 28 days.…While it's important to treat your potential…and actual guests with respect,…you should manage course corrections firmly…while meaning diplomacy.…Let's talk about booking requests.…
I recommend you turn down any requests…for stays over 28 days.…According to my attorney,…someone staying over 30 days in my California rentals…will acquire the rights of a tenant,…and if they refuse to leave for any reason,…I can't simply kick them out.…I have to use a legal mechanism called an eviction.…While the revenue is tempting, I just say no.…I don't allow pets, and many people are allergic.…I always decline requests…when someone asks to bring their little loved ones.…
Pets can not only bring up allergy issues,…but can also present an increase…in the housekeeping costs.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.