Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Coping with an unhappy guest, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- My first guest refund occurred…when I hosted a newly married couple with an infant child.…My accommodation space was advertised as a couple's retreat…and it made sense to host a couple with a newborn.…As I came to learn,…babies who have just come into this world…are quite temperamental and the ambient noises…were causing the baby to cry.…Every creak or sound was an issue.…I received a request the next day from the couple,…who were from Italy,…and informed me that they were booking a space…somewhere else.…
Rather than get into an argument with them…about the inability to find another guest to replace them,…I cordially said, "Sure,"…and refunded them the balance of their stay,…less the night they had already stayed.…Fortunately, I booked another guest who immediately…took their place.…I learned something.…I declined all future requests…for stays with small children.…The reality is that this was their vacation…and they wanted it to be perfect.…My place wasn't perfect for them.…Rather than become a glutton for punishment,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.