Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Converting a closet into a housekeeping pantry, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- Something I discovered throughout my journey…listing and renting properties online…was the pressing need for powerful efficiency…in the processing of cleaning and turning over…the accommodation between guests.…Lugging cleaning supplies, equipment and amenities…wasn't efficient so a solution presented itself…in the form of a housekeeping pantry.…I placed a digital door lock on one of the closets…and turned it into a pantry for my housekeeping team.…This provides a secure storage space that's accessible…by my team but not accessible to the guests.…
Inside we store all the equipment, supplies…and cleaning products required by housekeeping…and spare linens, soap, shampoo…and other sundries in quantity…so that everything required is easily within reach.…A complete set of textiles…allows the accommodation to be reset…and the soiled items bagged and taken away for laundering.…This pantry also carves out a space for a handy place…to store welcome packages and house manuals,…extra housewares to replace broken ones,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.