Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Completing the property description details, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- Now let's move forward and complete the property…description details and take this listing to the next level.…In the Policies section, go ahead and click Set Up.…Set up your cancellation policy.…A moderate policy seems fair to me.…Moderate means that bookings canceled at least 30 days…before the start of the stay will receive a full refund…and within 14 days will receive a 50% refund.…You can go more relaxed or strict if you prefer,…but moderate is what I'd recommend initially.…
Next, I don't recommend flexible…check in and check out times unless…you can turn around the rental very quickly.…It takes time to turn around an accommodation…after check out and you'll want to set those times.…I'll cover this in more detail in another movie,…but for now, set the check in time after 4:00 PM…and the check out time before 11:00 AM.…Now indicate if children are welcome, if smokers are allowed…and if your property is accessible…to guests with wheelchairs and if pets are considered.…
Next enter your house rules.…Go ahead and develop your house rules in a separate document…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.