Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Communication prior to guest arrival, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- After booking your accommodation…have a solid routine for handling…guest communication prior to arrival.…Touch points are important and…reduce concern on both sides.…Every time your guest contacts you…respond to them quickly; this is, after all, a business.…A mobile phone with Email will be a great ally…in maintaining fast response times.…Providing fast responses is helpful and a great start…but also be sure to treat every communication…with care and a positive attitude.…Every guest is different and there's no…one-size-fits-all method of communication.…
Some guests may be new to traveling…and express a great level of concern…over staying in a strange town.…Be helpful and personable.…To access the Messaging System…click on your name and then click on the Owner Dash.…On the left hand side you can access your Inbox.…Now, if you haven't had a recent communication…with the guest, you can click on Reservations instead.…And then you can click on the reservation…and from here you can send a message.…You can set up Email Templates in VRBO…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.