Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Banking setup and getting paid, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- You'll need a bank account to receive the funds…which are paid electronically through VRBO.…While you can arrange payment directly with the guest,…I recommend using the HomeAway payment system,…which is VRBO's payment program on all of your bookings.…It's streamlined, automatic and…reduces your workload substantially.…You'll receive an email from VRBO immediately…after each traveler makes a payment and…this means the guest will pay VRBO…who holds the money and then you'll be paid…after the guest checks in.…
This ensures everyone gets what's expected and…protects both the host and guest.…As a first time user of VRBO's payment system,…your very first traveler payment will be dispersed…to your bank account one day after…your guest check in date or 30 days from the date they paid…whichever date is later.…From that point forward, funds will be released…one day after the guest check in date and…available in your account as quickly…as ACH is normally processed to your bank.…If you manage multiple accommodations…you can even set up multiple bank accounts…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.