Learn the basics of a vCloud Air implementation and how vCloud Air can be used to augment your virtual environment.
- [Instructor] So I know this isn't a vCloud course,…but we can't just drop…the virtual machine administrative procedures…off on our vCenter Server or our local management.…We need to take some time…to look at this cloud infrastructure.…So the first thing to understand is what is vCloud.…Well, vCloud is an infrastructure as a service option…provided by VMware…so you are going to be buying storage space…or you are going to be buying CPUs and RAM and storage…for an actual virtual machine.…
So it's one of the two.…It's storage or virtual machines.…You're just buying rack space basically from VMware.…So there's two types of services offered here really,…it's object storage, that's a pay for play service.…We're going to pay based on the storage amount we need…and the storage network access required.…Our connection speeds, our latency, things like that,…are going to affect the price.…The other side of that coin of course is virtual machines.…We're going to pay based on hardware specs,…our network speeds required,…do we need public or private access…
Instructor Russell Long demonstrates how to configure advanced settings, create and manage a multisite content library, set up and maintain vCloud Air, and deploy vApps. Russell shows how to publish and subscribe to a content catalog, determine which permissions are required to manage content catalogs, and configure a content library to work across sites. He compares automatic sync with on-demand sync. He also takes you through the steps of authentication configuration, VM migration to vCloud Air, and VPN connection verification.
This course is also an exam preparation resource, as it covers the topics in the Administer and Manage vSphere Virtual Machine domain of the VCP-DCV 6 exam.
- Deploying and configuring VMs
- Managing shared USB devices
- Configuring hosts and VMs for passthrough
- Monitoring VM resource consumption
- Taking a snapshot of a VM
- Managing content libraries
- Using content library roles
- Creating a VPN connection between vCloud Air and an on-premises site
- Migrating a VM to vCloud Air
- Deploying and configuring vApps