Join Brandon Neill for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of VMware vSphere: Advanced Networking.
- [Narrator] This is an advanced course and assumes that you have a general knowledge of vSphere and physical networking configuration and protocols. If you haven't already watched them, I recommend my Configure and Manage vSphere 6 Networking, Configure and Manage vSphere Distributed Switch, and Vmware vSphere: Network Troubleshooting courses prior to watching this course. In this course, I'll be using the lab I built in the Learning vSphere 6.5 course. However, you can use any vSphere lab or VMware's hands-on labs to follow along.
- Using command line utilities
- Performing packet captures
- Using the hardware compatibility list
- Installing drivers
- Understanding NetQueue and RSS
- Configuring VMDirectPath I/O
- Understand DvFilters
- Configure multicast filters
- Reviewing VMXNET3 features