This video demonstrates how an understanding of basic computer terminology and operating systems will help with building a vSphere 6.5 home lab.
- [Instructor] In this course, I assume that you have an intermediate experience working with computers; including installing operating systems and software. No previous experience with VMR products is necessary. The hardware that I'll be using is a Gigabyte Brix Mini PC, with a 250 gigabyte SSD and 16 gig of RAM. All of the software used in this course is freely available for download online or has an evaluation version. Once all the software is downloaded, you should allow one to two hours for initial installation and setup.
- Virtual machine benefits
- Building a lab environment with a mini PC
- Working with ESXi and vCenter Server
- Installing a control center VM
- Using the HTML5 client and the web client
- Adding an ESXi host and use Remote Console
- Configuring vSAN and storage profiles
- Adding NFS datastore
- Deploying a virtual machine from OVA
- Performing a cloning operation
- Using templates
- Performing a vMotion migration
- Working with snapshots