Discover how to upgrade vSphere to the 6.0 or 6.5 release. Learn how to update the ESXi host and virtual machine, as well as other ESXi components and the vCenter Server.
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Russell Long, and I have over 16 years of experience in IT, ranging from layer-one network construction all the way to virtual data center management. In this course, we will cover the ins and outs of upgrading your ESXi environment to the 6.0 or 6.5 release. The content will be focusing not only on the real world aspect, but on the VCP 6.X exam topics as well. I'll show you some of the different options we have in the upgrade process.
And we will even look at some of the peripheral services and how they can be upgraded as well. Then, we will actually go through the update process, using Update Manager in a demonstration of the technology. Science and theory are great. But sometimes we learn best by watching or following along. But make sure, if you are following along, to do so in your lab environment and not in production. Let's get started.
- Manually performing ESXi host and virtual machine upgrades
- Configuring a custom download source for Update Manager
- Importing ESXi images
- Creating baselines or baseline groups
- Attaching baselines to vSphere objects
- Upgrading an ESXi host using vCenter Update Manager
- Upgrading VMware tools, VM hardware, and Update Manager
- Performing vCenter server upgrades