- Using command line utilities
- Performing packet captures
- Using the hardware compatibility list
- Installing drivers
- Understanding NetQueue and RSS
- Configuring VMDirectPath I/O
- Understand DvFilters
- Configure multicast filters
- Reviewing VMXNET3 features
Skill Level Advanced
- [Brandon] Hello, my name is Brandon Neil, I'm a former VMware network escalation engineer and I've been working with VMware and teaching VMware courses for the past eight years. Advanced vSphere Networking will cover some of the more in depth vSphere networking topics that I've often used in my days of working as a network escalation engineer. I will cover some of the useful command line utilities for analyzing virtual network traffic. And then talk about physical adaptors, how to find drivers for them, and some of the features they support, such as NETQ, receive side scaling, SRIOV, and direct path IO.
Next, I'll talk about multicast filters and V filter functionality in the distributed switch, and advanced VMXNet free features. Let's get started.