Instructor Russell Long demonstrates how to configure advanced settings, create and manage a multisite content library, set up and maintain vCloud Air, and deploy vApps. Russell shows how to publish and subscribe to a content catalog, determine which permissions are required to manage content catalogs, and configure a content library to work across sites. He compares automatic sync with on-demand sync. He also takes you through the steps of authentication configuration, VM migration to vCloud Air, and VPN connection verification.
This course is also an exam preparation resource, as it covers the topics in the Administer and Manage vSphere Virtual Machine domain of the VCP-DCV 6 exam.
- Deploying and configuring VMs
- Managing shared USB devices
- Configuring hosts and VMs for passthrough
- Monitoring VM resource consumption
- Taking a snapshot of a VM
- Managing content libraries
- Using content library roles
- Creating a VPN connection between vCloud Air and an on-premises site
- Migrating a VM to vCloud Air
- Deploying and configuring vApps
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Russell] Hi, I'm Russell Long and I have over 16 years experience in IT ranging from layer 1 network construction all the way to virtual data center management. In this course we will learn about the provisioning and administration of virtual machines. The content will be focusing on real world and VCP 6.5 exam topics. I'll show you some of the different options we have available to us within the virtual machine world. Then we will actually go through the provisioning and administration of a virtual machine in our lab environment.
Sometimes we learn best by watching or following along, so I hope the demonstration process will help in the learning process overall. So, let's get started.