Learn how to install VM tools on your virtual machines.
- [Instructor] Now here we are in my environment…and what we're going to do now is we're going to install…VM Tools on a virtual machine in my environment.…Let's go ahead and choose Ubuntu desktop one.…This is the virtual machine we're going to…install the VM Tools on,…and as you can see,…V Center server already knows…that these tools aren't installed.…I want you to take note of…some things before we get started.…Notice that the DNS name is not listed,…the IP address is also not listed.…You're going to see that after the tools are installed,…the communication's going to be much better…between the hypervisor and the actual virtual machine…and we're to get more information…than we would without the tools themselves.…
So, this is actually a very simple process.…I'm going to go ahead and click on Install VMware Tools.…And what's going to happen is,…it's going to mount that ISO…directly to the virtual machine.…So when I click Mount here,…what's happened is,…it is now mounted on the virtual machine…and in order to complete this installation…
Instructor Russell Long demonstrates how to configure advanced settings, create and manage a multisite content library, set up and maintain vCloud Air, and deploy vApps. Russell shows how to publish and subscribe to a content catalog, determine which permissions are required to manage content catalogs, and configure a content library to work across sites. He compares automatic sync with on-demand sync. He also takes you through the steps of authentication configuration, VM migration to vCloud Air, and VPN connection verification.
This course is also an exam preparation resource, as it covers the topics in the Administer and Manage vSphere Virtual Machine domain of the VCP-DCV 6 exam.
- Deploying and configuring VMs
- Managing shared USB devices
- Configuring hosts and VMs for passthrough
- Monitoring VM resource consumption
- Taking a snapshot of a VM
- Managing content libraries
- Using content library roles
- Creating a VPN connection between vCloud Air and an on-premises site
- Migrating a VM to vCloud Air
- Deploying and configuring vApps