Learn about Snapshot features and how to use snapshots in your virtual environment.
- [Instructor] So our next subject on the list is snapshots.…Now, snapshots are a freeze-frame of a virtual machine…during a specific time.…Snapshots allow us to take a virtual machine…in its current state and preserve it,…and then we can go on and make any changes we want,…while always having that rollback point.…We can come back to that point in time and say,…you know what, I liked the virtual machine better…at this point.…We can also use snapshots to take different versions.…Let's say an application rolls out an update,…and we're not sure that update…is actually going to work well for us.…
So I take a snapshot of the virtual machine first,…and then I install the update.…I go about my merry way.…There could be even several version updates later.…And then the third party software app…comes to make my software a little better.…I can install that software app,…and then, get this, take a snapshot there,…revert all the way back to the beginning,…install my software there,…and then have two lines…of snapshots going.…
Instructor Russell Long demonstrates how to configure advanced settings, create and manage a multisite content library, set up and maintain vCloud Air, and deploy vApps. Russell shows how to publish and subscribe to a content catalog, determine which permissions are required to manage content catalogs, and configure a content library to work across sites. He compares automatic sync with on-demand sync. He also takes you through the steps of authentication configuration, VM migration to vCloud Air, and VPN connection verification.
This course is also an exam preparation resource, as it covers the topics in the Administer and Manage vSphere Virtual Machine domain of the VCP-DCV 6 exam.
- Deploying and configuring VMs
- Managing shared USB devices
- Configuring hosts and VMs for passthrough
- Monitoring VM resource consumption
- Taking a snapshot of a VM
- Managing content libraries
- Using content library roles
- Creating a VPN connection between vCloud Air and an on-premises site
- Migrating a VM to vCloud Air
- Deploying and configuring vApps