Learn how to use the web client in vSphere 6.5.
- [Instructor] To log into the vCenter client,…I go to the IP address of my vCenter server /vsphere-client.…The login information will be the same.…And once we're logged in,…you'll see that the interface looks very similar…to how it did in the previous release.…Close out the licensing warning at the top.…We still have the same panes as before.…Navigator on the left, our main pane in the middle.…
Work In Progress and Alarms on the right,…and then Recent Tasks on the bottom.…One new pane is Recent Objects,…which allows for me to quickly navigate back to any objects…I was previously accessing.…I can minimize any of the panes that I don't want,…and that will give me more real estate in the center pane.…If I alter the lay out in a fashion that I don't like,…I can go up to my login, layout settings,…and reset to the default layout.…
And minimize those two to give me more screen space…in the middle.…On the left-hand side our navigation is largely…the same as it was before.…We still have the four tab options of,…hosts and clusters,…
- Virtual machine benefits
- Building a lab environment with a mini PC
- Working with ESXi and vCenter Server
- Installing a control center VM
- Using the HTML5 client and the web client
- Adding an ESXi host and use Remote Console
- Configuring vSAN and storage profiles
- Adding NFS datastore
- Deploying a virtual machine from OVA
- Performing a cloning operation
- Using templates
- Performing a vMotion migration
- Working with snapshots
Skill Level Beginner
VMware vSphere: Upgrade a Deployment to vSphere 6.5with Russell Long1h 59m Intermediate
1. Creating a vSphere Environment
2. Introducing ESXi and vCenter
3. vSphere Networking
Configure lab networking5m 43s
4. vSphere Storage
Add NFS datastore3m 29s
5. Virtual Machine Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.