Learn how to add a subscription content library to your vCenter Server.
- [Instructor] All right so in this little demonstration,…we're going to go through a content library.…We're actually going to subscribe to a content catalog,…so let's follow along.…We can go Home, that's one of the places we can go,…and when we take a look we can see…Content Library located right here.…I'm going to go ahead and click on the Content Library,…and you can see there's a Getting Started page.…Lots of people ask me, "Why do you still have…"the Getting Started page up?"…I actually like it, and I'll show you why.…Bottom here, there are some quick links…for stuff you might want to do.…
Create a new content library, import an item.…Those are shortcuts for me,…so that's why I keep the Getting Started page up.…Here we see we have objects.…We currently have no content libraries,…and we want to subscribe to one.…So, we're going to call this our…subscribed content library.…Okay, you would have something more descriptive.…This is connected to the main office,…or a content library dedicated to…a specific type of branch office.…
Instructor Russell Long demonstrates how to configure advanced settings, create and manage a multisite content library, set up and maintain vCloud Air, and deploy vApps. Russell shows how to publish and subscribe to a content catalog, determine which permissions are required to manage content catalogs, and configure a content library to work across sites. He compares automatic sync with on-demand sync. He also takes you through the steps of authentication configuration, VM migration to vCloud Air, and VPN connection verification.
This course is also an exam preparation resource, as it covers the topics in the Administer and Manage vSphere Virtual Machine domain of the VCP-DCV 6 exam.
- Deploying and configuring VMs
- Managing shared USB devices
- Configuring hosts and VMs for passthrough
- Monitoring VM resource consumption
- Taking a snapshot of a VM
- Managing content libraries
- Using content library roles
- Creating a VPN connection between vCloud Air and an on-premises site
- Migrating a VM to vCloud Air
- Deploying and configuring vApps