Join Russell Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of VMware vSphere: Administer and Manage Virtual Machines.
- [Russel] So now that you've finished the advanced…VM management course, what should you do next?…I would highly recommend you go into clustering.…Take a good long look at how clustering can help you…manage the resources within your virtual environment.…Just because you've taken the VM management course…doesn't mean you're done learning about Vms at all.…I've given you a good base where you can actually…take a look at managing your virtual machines,…deploying them, how to utilize them in the best way possible…I would also like you to take some time in your lab…just to play around with them.…
Get some free operating systems out there like Ubuntu…and put them on hosts in your environment.…Remember, you can run ESXI in your environment…for 60 days free, so take advantage of that,…take 60 days, get your hands on the product,…roll around with virtual machines, if you have multiple host…migrate them, see if you can break it and fix it,…that's one of the best ways I feel to learn…how to deal with this technology is just be familiar with it…
Instructor Russell Long demonstrates how to configure advanced settings, create and manage a multisite content library, set up and maintain vCloud Air, and deploy vApps. Russell shows how to publish and subscribe to a content catalog, determine which permissions are required to manage content catalogs, and configure a content library to work across sites. He compares automatic sync with on-demand sync. He also takes you through the steps of authentication configuration, VM migration to vCloud Air, and VPN connection verification.
This course is also an exam preparation resource, as it covers the topics in the Administer and Manage vSphere Virtual Machine domain of the VCP-DCV 6 exam.
- Deploying and configuring VMs
- Managing shared USB devices
- Configuring hosts and VMs for passthrough
- Monitoring VM resource consumption
- Taking a snapshot of a VM
- Managing content libraries
- Using content library roles
- Creating a VPN connection between vCloud Air and an on-premises site
- Migrating a VM to vCloud Air
- Deploying and configuring vApps