Learn how to monitor VM performance, including how to monitor a VM from multiple areas within the vCenter Server environment.
- [Instructor] In this short demonstration,…we're going to look at a virtual machine,…and try and figure out the resources…it consumes, and how we can manage that.…So first thing we need to do is select…the virtual machine in question.…Now that we're here on the virtual machine,…you can see in the information pane,…I moved the recent tasks off the bottom,…don't let that throw you,…it just gives us more of a view.…You can see that we have four CPUs…that have been issued to this virtual machine,…with 223 megahertz currently being used.…
We have two gigs of memory,…and out of that two gigs, all two gigs are active.…So let's actually go and monitor…what is going on with this virtual machine.…You can see we have Issues and Performance.…We're going to stay here in Performance.…Now something you need to know,…a change that has taken place…from older, older versions,…is that we're actually going to have to…click on the CPU percentage.…So now we get an idea of the CPU utilization…that's been happening as a percentage.…Let's scroll over a little bit.…
Instructor Russell Long demonstrates how to configure advanced settings, create and manage a multisite content library, set up and maintain vCloud Air, and deploy vApps. Russell shows how to publish and subscribe to a content catalog, determine which permissions are required to manage content catalogs, and configure a content library to work across sites. He compares automatic sync with on-demand sync. He also takes you through the steps of authentication configuration, VM migration to vCloud Air, and VPN connection verification.
This course is also an exam preparation resource, as it covers the topics in the Administer and Manage vSphere Virtual Machine domain of the VCP-DCV 6 exam.
- Deploying and configuring VMs
- Managing shared USB devices
- Configuring hosts and VMs for passthrough
- Monitoring VM resource consumption
- Taking a snapshot of a VM
- Managing content libraries
- Using content library roles
- Creating a VPN connection between vCloud Air and an on-premises site
- Migrating a VM to vCloud Air
- Deploying and configuring vApps