Explore the migration to and from vCloud Air and learn how to move virtual machines in your hybrid cloud environment.
- [Instructor] Now let's talk about migration.…In this lesson, we're going to talk about migrating…to and from the Cloud.…The first option we have is migrating a virtual machine…to the Cloud.…In order to get this accomplished,…we're going to use the Hybrid Cloud Manager.…Now, the Hybrid Cloud Manager uses something…called low-downtime migration.…Here's kind of how it works.…We are going to transfer files to the Cloud…while the original virtual machine is still on.…This lessens the amount of downtime we need.…
As this transfer is going on, once completed,…we're going to keep a delta transfer going.…So, the change is between these two virtual machines.…Once everything is ready to go,…we can either schedule the migration,…or we can do the migration now.…Here is a little monkey wrench…I'm going to throw in the system though.…When we use this migration, there will be downtime,…and here's the reason why.…When we move to the new Hybrid Cloud implementation,…the original virtual machine needs to be powered off.…
I know that's scary for some of you…
Instructor Russell Long demonstrates how to configure advanced settings, create and manage a multisite content library, set up and maintain vCloud Air, and deploy vApps. Russell shows how to publish and subscribe to a content catalog, determine which permissions are required to manage content catalogs, and configure a content library to work across sites. He compares automatic sync with on-demand sync. He also takes you through the steps of authentication configuration, VM migration to vCloud Air, and VPN connection verification.
This course is also an exam preparation resource, as it covers the topics in the Administer and Manage vSphere Virtual Machine domain of the VCP-DCV 6 exam.
- Deploying and configuring VMs
- Managing shared USB devices
- Configuring hosts and VMs for passthrough
- Monitoring VM resource consumption
- Taking a snapshot of a VM
- Managing content libraries
- Using content library roles
- Creating a VPN connection between vCloud Air and an on-premises site
- Migrating a VM to vCloud Air
- Deploying and configuring vApps