Learn how to create a basic vApp and deploy it for more control of multiple VM services in your environment.
- [Instructor] So let's take a moment to create…a vApp in our environment.…How a vApp is nothing more than a container…that will give us a management interface for…multiple virtual machines.…So let's go ahead and create one here.…I'm going to go ahead and click on the data center.…Right click there and we're going to go,…we have the option to go new vApp from library here…if we have a content library with vApp templates.…We don't have any of those.…Oh well, we do, but I don't want to deploy…any of those, is a better way to say that.…
Going to go ahead and click cancel there.…So that's what we do if we wanted to deploy one.…Let's go to the actual host.…We're going to right click there and we're going…to deploy a vApp.…New vApp right there, again we can deploy…from the library if we want.…I want to do a brand new vApp from scratch.…Now, we can clone from an existing vApp…but I want to create a new vApp.…We'll call this vApp test one.…
Click next here.…I got yelled at, we need to select a location.…We want to do our lab data center obviously in this case.…
Instructor Russell Long demonstrates how to configure advanced settings, create and manage a multisite content library, set up and maintain vCloud Air, and deploy vApps. Russell shows how to publish and subscribe to a content catalog, determine which permissions are required to manage content catalogs, and configure a content library to work across sites. He compares automatic sync with on-demand sync. He also takes you through the steps of authentication configuration, VM migration to vCloud Air, and VPN connection verification.
This course is also an exam preparation resource, as it covers the topics in the Administer and Manage vSphere Virtual Machine domain of the VCP-DCV 6 exam.
- Deploying and configuring VMs
- Managing shared USB devices
- Configuring hosts and VMs for passthrough
- Monitoring VM resource consumption
- Taking a snapshot of a VM
- Managing content libraries
- Using content library roles
- Creating a VPN connection between vCloud Air and an on-premises site
- Migrating a VM to vCloud Air
- Deploying and configuring vApps