Learn different methods of VM deployment for vCloud Air.
- [Instructor] VCloud Air is our cloud option…when we're creating VMs.…Let's take a moment to really dive into how to do this.…One of the things we have to remember is…we can use templates even though we are accessing…these resources that are located off premise.…We still have the ability to use a template…that may be stored on premise.…When we are creating a virtual machine from a template,…there's a procedure that has to take place.…First, we have to choose the location from the home page.…
Now, the home page is going to be…the vCloud deployment website.…That's where we're going to go.…You're going to log in, you're going to utilize your portal.…Then you're going to choose your virtual data center…you want to create this VM in.…Now, many of you just starting out with vCloud Air,…you're just going to have your basic virtual data center,…your first one.…Many of you out there may also have multiple…virtual data centers.…Make sure you choose the appropriate data center…for your deployment.…Next, we're going to go to the Virtual Machines tab…
Instructor Russell Long demonstrates how to configure advanced settings, create and manage a multisite content library, set up and maintain vCloud Air, and deploy vApps. Russell shows how to publish and subscribe to a content catalog, determine which permissions are required to manage content catalogs, and configure a content library to work across sites. He compares automatic sync with on-demand sync. He also takes you through the steps of authentication configuration, VM migration to vCloud Air, and VPN connection verification.
This course is also an exam preparation resource, as it covers the topics in the Administer and Manage vSphere Virtual Machine domain of the VCP-DCV 6 exam.
- Deploying and configuring VMs
- Managing shared USB devices
- Configuring hosts and VMs for passthrough
- Monitoring VM resource consumption
- Taking a snapshot of a VM
- Managing content libraries
- Using content library roles
- Creating a VPN connection between vCloud Air and an on-premises site
- Migrating a VM to vCloud Air
- Deploying and configuring vApps