Explore the connections you can create between your vCloud environment and on-site premises. Learn how to set up a VPN between your vCloud Air infrastructure and vCenter Server.
- [Instructor] So, let's go through the process…of creating a VPN connection…to our vCloud Air resources.…So, that's vCloud Air to an on-premise…vCenter server control.…So, let's look at this.…First, we need to know the types of connections.…First type of connection is the internet.…When we're using the internet…to connect to our vCloud resources,…we don't have to worry about much…except the firewall rules.…Make sure that the firewalls are set up…so that we have access.…Next, we can do a secure VPN.…
There's two types here.…We can do an IPsec VPN which is done manually…or we can use an SSL configuration…that is done through an extension process…that we'll talk about in a little bit.…Next, we have a direct connect secure connection.…This is basically a dedicated connection that we have set up…to the vCloud Air site.…Really, we're going to focus on the secure VPN…because it's what most of you are going to use…in your environments.…First off, for IPsec VPN,…we need the IP protocols to be allowed 50 and 51.…
This is the ESP protocols.…
Instructor Russell Long demonstrates how to configure advanced settings, create and manage a multisite content library, set up and maintain vCloud Air, and deploy vApps. Russell shows how to publish and subscribe to a content catalog, determine which permissions are required to manage content catalogs, and configure a content library to work across sites. He compares automatic sync with on-demand sync. He also takes you through the steps of authentication configuration, VM migration to vCloud Air, and VPN connection verification.
This course is also an exam preparation resource, as it covers the topics in the Administer and Manage vSphere Virtual Machine domain of the VCP-DCV 6 exam.
- Deploying and configuring VMs
- Managing shared USB devices
- Configuring hosts and VMs for passthrough
- Monitoring VM resource consumption
- Taking a snapshot of a VM
- Managing content libraries
- Using content library roles
- Creating a VPN connection between vCloud Air and an on-premises site
- Migrating a VM to vCloud Air
- Deploying and configuring vApps