Get a quick overview of the content library administrator role. Learn how to apply permissions to different roles for the Content Library.
- [Instructor] Let's talk fairly quickly…about the roles that you can utilize…within content libraries to have control of…who deletes what, who adds what, who can tweak things…within your content library.…We're going to go to roles, and I'm going to show you something…that's kind of new for the 6.0, and that would be…the content library administrator.…This is a sample role, and you can see the usage…is not defined, because this is the sample.…You can see that we're looking at privileges now,…and I'm going to go ahead and open up the content library.…
As a content library administrator, we have…add library item, create local library item,…create subscribed item, delete library item,…all the different listings that we could have…within our environment.…Now, there are a few here that don't quite match…their name, and the first is evict library item.…Evict library item is basically allowing you…to delete an item from the library.…If you have logged into vCenter Server…with your credentials, if you do not have evict library item…
Instructor Russell Long demonstrates how to configure advanced settings, create and manage a multisite content library, set up and maintain vCloud Air, and deploy vApps. Russell shows how to publish and subscribe to a content catalog, determine which permissions are required to manage content catalogs, and configure a content library to work across sites. He compares automatic sync with on-demand sync. He also takes you through the steps of authentication configuration, VM migration to vCloud Air, and VPN connection verification.
This course is also an exam preparation resource, as it covers the topics in the Administer and Manage vSphere Virtual Machine domain of the VCP-DCV 6 exam.
- Deploying and configuring VMs
- Managing shared USB devices
- Configuring hosts and VMs for passthrough
- Monitoring VM resource consumption
- Taking a snapshot of a VM
- Managing content libraries
- Using content library roles
- Creating a VPN connection between vCloud Air and an on-premises site
- Migrating a VM to vCloud Air
- Deploying and configuring vApps