Learn some of the more detailed configuration options for vApps.
- [Instructor] Now that we've deployed a vApp…in our environment, let's go ahead and look at…the actual configuration,…breaking into what we can do with this vApp…When we want to mess with a vApp,…it's just like anything else,…we select it from the navigation pane,…on the left hand side.…That gives us the opportunity to look at it much as we would…a virtual machine.…Here we can see a summary, this will break down everything…from the status, to the tags, custom attributes…and other versions that we may be working with.…
Up here under summary, if it's a vApp rolled out by…a particular vendor, you would see…the product version number there.…If I got to monitor, we can see all the issues, performance,…tasks and events related to the vApp as a whole.…If it was 10 different virtual machines, we would see…CPU consumption for those 10 different virtual machines.…If I wanted individual usage, I'd have to go down a level…in our inventory hierarch to see that,…I would have to go down into the virtual machine itself,…and then go to monitor.…
Instructor Russell Long demonstrates how to configure advanced settings, create and manage a multisite content library, set up and maintain vCloud Air, and deploy vApps. Russell shows how to publish and subscribe to a content catalog, determine which permissions are required to manage content catalogs, and configure a content library to work across sites. He compares automatic sync with on-demand sync. He also takes you through the steps of authentication configuration, VM migration to vCloud Air, and VPN connection verification.
This course is also an exam preparation resource, as it covers the topics in the Administer and Manage vSphere Virtual Machine domain of the VCP-DCV 6 exam.
- Deploying and configuring VMs
- Managing shared USB devices
- Configuring hosts and VMs for passthrough
- Monitoring VM resource consumption
- Taking a snapshot of a VM
- Managing content libraries
- Using content library roles
- Creating a VPN connection between vCloud Air and an on-premises site
- Migrating a VM to vCloud Air
- Deploying and configuring vApps