Watch a demonstration of adding a PCI passthrough device. Learn how to add a piece of hardware from your host to a VM in your environment.
- [Narrator] All right, so now we…are in my environment and what we want…to do here is we're going to configure…a host and a virtual machine…to deal with some PCI or some other type…of passthrough.…So what we're doing is we're giving…the VM access to the hardware…that actually resides on the host.…This is a little bit different…than the USB slide we covered,…so I figured let's do a demonstration.…So first things first, we have to connect directly…to the host and we do that through…the web client.…I have another tab here that's already opened…to the web client.…
You can see I just put in the IP address…of the host itself and then I went…in through the vsphere client.…That's the new web client for six dot five…and six dot zero.…Now what I need to do here is…I need to manage this host,…so on the left hand side in the navigator…I'm going to go ahead and click manage.…Now you can see here I'm on the hardware tab…and this hardware tab has a list…of all the PCI devices and whether…or not it's passthrough capable.…
We see address, description and passthrough.…
Instructor Russell Long demonstrates how to configure advanced settings, create and manage a multisite content library, set up and maintain vCloud Air, and deploy vApps. Russell shows how to publish and subscribe to a content catalog, determine which permissions are required to manage content catalogs, and configure a content library to work across sites. He compares automatic sync with on-demand sync. He also takes you through the steps of authentication configuration, VM migration to vCloud Air, and VPN connection verification.
This course is also an exam preparation resource, as it covers the topics in the Administer and Manage vSphere Virtual Machine domain of the VCP-DCV 6 exam.
- Deploying and configuring VMs
- Managing shared USB devices
- Configuring hosts and VMs for passthrough
- Monitoring VM resource consumption
- Taking a snapshot of a VM
- Managing content libraries
- Using content library roles
- Creating a VPN connection between vCloud Air and an on-premises site
- Migrating a VM to vCloud Air
- Deploying and configuring vApps