Learn how to create a content library that is reachable by other vCenter Servers.
- [Instructor] All right, so we've subscribed…to a content library.…Let's say we now want to publish a content library,…so we want to create a place within our environment…for a local repository of templates,…and maybe other inventory objects…we want to keep locally, so that the majority…of the hosts have access to it.…So let's go ahead and go through that.…First we're going to go ahead and click on Home.…We're going to go down here to Content Libraries.…As you can see, our subscribed library…is still there with all its contents.…
We want to add or create a new library.…This new library, let's call it the Local Library.…Again, you would name this something very descriptive,…especially if you're going to publish this.…As a matter of fact, let's change the script a little bit.…Let's go ahead and say this is a local library,…but we are the ones who are going to…publish this out to everyone else,…so we're going to have to change this a little bit.…Let's call this MainOfficeRepository1, okay?…Your naming convention's going to be…
Instructor Russell Long demonstrates how to configure advanced settings, create and manage a multisite content library, set up and maintain vCloud Air, and deploy vApps. Russell shows how to publish and subscribe to a content catalog, determine which permissions are required to manage content catalogs, and configure a content library to work across sites. He compares automatic sync with on-demand sync. He also takes you through the steps of authentication configuration, VM migration to vCloud Air, and VPN connection verification.
This course is also an exam preparation resource, as it covers the topics in the Administer and Manage vSphere Virtual Machine domain of the VCP-DCV 6 exam.
- Deploying and configuring VMs
- Managing shared USB devices
- Configuring hosts and VMs for passthrough
- Monitoring VM resource consumption
- Taking a snapshot of a VM
- Managing content libraries
- Using content library roles
- Creating a VPN connection between vCloud Air and an on-premises site
- Migrating a VM to vCloud Air
- Deploying and configuring vApps