Explore the postdeployment configuration of a virtual machine. Learn how to customize a VM and where different configuration options reside.
- [Instructor] Alright so let's say…that you have a virtual machine…that's already in production.…And you need to adjust the hardware resources…available to that virtual machine.…What do you do?…Well first off, you would select the virtual machine…and go to Edit Settings.…Now if you had a Hot CPU Add enabled…when you initially installed it.…And Hot Memory Add when you initially…created the virtually machine,…you would be able to adjust these on the fly…as a virtual machine is running.…
As you can see here, the virtual machine,…I can actually adjust the CPU.…Can adjust the amount of CPUs available to me.…But when I go down to Memory it's grayed out.…And that's because Memory Hot Plug…was not enabled already.…So what I need to do, if I really want to make changes…to the CPU and memory available to this virtual machine,…I need to power off this virtual machine…because I did not enable Hot Add and Hot Plug.…So let's go ahead and power off this virtual machine…so we can make the changes.…
Now before I go messing around…
Instructor Russell Long demonstrates how to configure advanced settings, create and manage a multisite content library, set up and maintain vCloud Air, and deploy vApps. Russell shows how to publish and subscribe to a content catalog, determine which permissions are required to manage content catalogs, and configure a content library to work across sites. He compares automatic sync with on-demand sync. He also takes you through the steps of authentication configuration, VM migration to vCloud Air, and VPN connection verification.
This course is also an exam preparation resource, as it covers the topics in the Administer and Manage vSphere Virtual Machine domain of the VCP-DCV 6 exam.
- Deploying and configuring VMs
- Managing shared USB devices
- Configuring hosts and VMs for passthrough
- Monitoring VM resource consumption
- Taking a snapshot of a VM
- Managing content libraries
- Using content library roles
- Creating a VPN connection between vCloud Air and an on-premises site
- Migrating a VM to vCloud Air
- Deploying and configuring vApps