Get an overview of the basic management feature of a content library. Learn how to add and manage different items within your content library.
- [Instructor] So now that we've created…a few content libraries,…let's go ahead and look at some of the basics…of management of those content libraries.…The first thing I want you to notice is…our Subscribed library has seven templates.…If we go ahead and open this up,…when we take a look at the templates,…we can see that all of these templates are stored…now locally as well, we have them on our environment.…But we can't really make any changes to these…because of the type of content this is.…This is a Subscribed library,…I just don't have the permissions to make changes.…
So everything here looks amazing, looks great.…I'm going to go ahead and click back.…You can see the settings for here.…It's on.…It is not password protected…and I don't have any library content…to be downloaded immediately.…I can edit any of these settings at any time.…And then I can change authentication…or the library content option if I wanted.…I can go back and change those.…I can look at other types of files…that are stored here.…As you can see there aren't any.…
Instructor Russell Long demonstrates how to configure advanced settings, create and manage a multisite content library, set up and maintain vCloud Air, and deploy vApps. Russell shows how to publish and subscribe to a content catalog, determine which permissions are required to manage content catalogs, and configure a content library to work across sites. He compares automatic sync with on-demand sync. He also takes you through the steps of authentication configuration, VM migration to vCloud Air, and VPN connection verification.
This course is also an exam preparation resource, as it covers the topics in the Administer and Manage vSphere Virtual Machine domain of the VCP-DCV 6 exam.
- Deploying and configuring VMs
- Managing shared USB devices
- Configuring hosts and VMs for passthrough
- Monitoring VM resource consumption
- Taking a snapshot of a VM
- Managing content libraries
- Using content library roles
- Creating a VPN connection between vCloud Air and an on-premises site
- Migrating a VM to vCloud Air
- Deploying and configuring vApps