Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video The V-Ray toolbar, part of V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Training.
- One of the nice discoveries awaiting users making…the step up from V-Ray 2 to version 3 in 3ds Max,…is the work that Chaos Group have put into the usability…and discoverability of V-Ray tools inside the 3ds Max UI,…Perhaps the most useful aspect of which, has been borrowed…from the V-Ray for SketchUp and V-Ray for Rhino plugins.…Both of which make use of toolbars inside the host…application in order to give quick and easy access…to the most widely used tools and commands.…Included in version 3 of V-Ray for 3ds Max then,…we now have the extensively stacked V-Ray Toolbar.…
As soon as we install V-Ray 3, the toolbar should be…set up and ready to work with the very first time…we launch the 3ds Max application.…By default, it should occupy the left-hand edge of…the 3ds Max UI and contain some 26 buttons that as…we say, afford us quick and easy access to not only UI…elements such as the V-Ray Frame Buffer…and Light Lister tools, but also to V-Ray object creation…such as cameras and lights, as well as to more…effects-oriented tools, such V-Ray's new MetaBall subject,…
- Using the new UI elements, Quick Settings, and revamped Frame Buffer
- Understanding color mapping modes
- Adding V-Ray light types
- Working with the V-Ray Sun and Sky systems and dome light
- Using irradiance mapping and light cache
- Working with diffuse color maps
- Making reflective materials
- Creating a translucency effect
- Using the new SSS and skin shaders
- Ensuring quality with image sampling
- Working with the adaptive subdivision engine
- Controlling the physical camera
- Working with FX tools such as VRayFur and VRayMetaball
- Stereoscopic 3D rendering
- Using Render Mask
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 02/02/2016. What changed?
A: We added tutorials on the new 3ds Max camera tool, which replaces the defunct V-Ray Physical Camera. The author also includes a method for creating a V-Ray camera via scripting.
Q: This course was updated on 04/19/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover V-Ray 3.1 to 3.3 updates.
SketchUp: Rendering with V-Ray 3with Brian Bradley4h 56m Intermediate
V-Ray: Control Color Bleed in SketchUpwith Brian Bradley1h 2m Intermediate
Introduction and Important Information
V-Ray 3.1 to 3.3 Updates
V-Ray 3.4 to 3.6 Updates
1. Getting Ready to Render with V-Ray
2. Key Lighting Tools
3. Global Illumination
4. V-Ray Materials and Maps
5. Quality Control with Image Sampling
6. Working with Cameras: The V-Ray Physical Camera
7. Working with Cameras: V-Ray 3 & the 3ds Max Physical Camera
8. The V-Ray FX Tools
What's next?1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.