Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the additional exercise files, part of V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Training.
- [Instructor] To help us both discuss and demonstrate…the V-Ray features that were added…in the 3.1 to 3.3 updates,…I have added a new exercise files download for the chapter…that contains a set of scene files created specifically…for the videos found here.…As was the case with the main course,…these have been created using a 3ds Max project folder…that can help us quickly and easily access the Max scenes…as we go.…To set this up correctly, all you need do…is follow the same basic steps as outlined…in the 3ds Max Project Structure video…from the main course,…but instead of using the original exercise files download,…simply unzip and then use the one…that comes with this update,…which I will again be working with from my desktop simply…for convenience sake.…
As always, it is by no means essential…that you use these files in order to understand…and benefit from the material that we will be covering.…Although taking the time to work through the features…with me, be that using the exercise files provided…or 3ds Max scene files of your own,…
- Using the new UI elements, Quick Settings, and revamped Frame Buffer
- Understanding color mapping modes
- Adding V-Ray light types
- Working with the V-Ray Sun and Sky systems and dome light
- Using irradiance mapping and light cache
- Working with diffuse color maps
- Making reflective materials
- Creating a translucency effect
- Using the new SSS and skin shaders
- Ensuring quality with image sampling
- Working with the adaptive subdivision engine
- Controlling the physical camera
- Working with FX tools such as VRayFur and VRayMetaball
- Stereoscopic 3D rendering
- Using Render Mask
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 02/02/2016. What changed?
A: We added tutorials on the new 3ds Max camera tool, which replaces the defunct V-Ray Physical Camera. The author also includes a method for creating a V-Ray camera via scripting.
Q: This course was updated on 04/19/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover V-Ray 3.1 to 3.3 updates.
SketchUp: Rendering with V-Ray 3with Brian Bradley4h 56m Intermediate
V-Ray: Control Color Bleed in SketchUpwith Brian Bradley1h 2m Intermediate
Introduction and Important Information
V-Ray 3.1 to 3.3 Updates
V-Ray 3.4 to 3.6 Updates
1. Getting Ready to Render with V-Ray
2. Key Lighting Tools
3. Global Illumination
4. V-Ray Materials and Maps
5. Quality Control with Image Sampling
6. Working with Cameras: The V-Ray Physical Camera
7. Working with Cameras: V-Ray 3 & the 3ds Max Physical Camera
8. The V-Ray FX Tools
What's next?1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.