Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Single-bounce primary engines, part of V-Ray: Control Color Bleed in Blender.
- [Instructor] One of the things that we need to understand…regarding how V-Ray's GI systems are working…is the fact that not all of the systems…behave in the same way in terms of…how they treat light energy.…Now, that may seem like a pretty obvious statement,…seeing as they all clearly produce…different looking results.…In this instance, though, we are not…just talking about the workings of…the underlying algorithms being used,…but more importantly about the fundamental way…in which the systems have been designed.…For instance, the light cache engine in V-Ray…has been designed to bounce light around a scene…in a very efficient manner,…and it is very good at this.…
Light cache also doesn't care…whether it is used in the primary…or secondary engine slots,…as it will always, when using the same settings,…produce exactly the same light cache solution…no matter what.…It will also always give us multiple bounces of light,…which isn't the case with all of V-Ray's GI systems.…Indeed, if we use either the irradiance mapping…
- How light works
- Geometry setup
- White balance control
- Use of problem colors
- Saturation control
- Single-bounce primary engines
- GI multiplier control
- Wrapper material
- Override material
- Color mapping and color bleed
- V-Ray object properties
- Render channels
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in Blenderwith George Maestri2h 6m Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Intermediate
Introduction and Important Information
1. Color Bleed Basics
Defining color bleed4m 53s
2. Physically Accurate Color Bleed Control
3. Global Illumination Controls
Saving GI map files to disk3m 54s
4. Other Color Bleed Control Options
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.