Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving GI map files to disk, part of V-Ray: Control Color Bleed in Blender.
- [Instructor] Up to this point, we have seen that there are…lots and lots of ways in which we can reduce,…even massively reduce the color bleed…that we are getting in our scenes.…In fact, right at the start of this chapter,…we even looked at the way in which we could,…should we want, globally eliminate color cast…from our GI solutions altogether…using the GI saturation control.…In this particular exercise, we're going to look…at yet another and slightly more flexible way…in which we might go about doing that very same thing,…that is, completely eliminating color bleed…from our scenes altogether.…
This means utilizing the ability that some…of the GI engines in V-Ray have to actually save…global illumination maps, or caches, to disk.…Maps that can later be used during the final render process.…This, when added to the functionality of V-Ray's override…material option, does indeed give us the ability…to produce completely clean GI renders.…To see how this works, let's jump into the GI section…of the render tab, set the primary bounce engine…
- How light works
- Geometry setup
- White balance control
- Use of problem colors
- Saturation control
- Single-bounce primary engines
- GI multiplier control
- Wrapper material
- Override material
- Color mapping and color bleed
- V-Ray object properties
- Render channels
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in Blenderwith George Maestri2h 6m Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Intermediate
Introduction and Important Information
1. Color Bleed Basics
Defining color bleed4m 53s
2. Physically Accurate Color Bleed Control
3. Global Illumination Controls
Saving GI map files to disk3m 54s
4. Other Color Bleed Control Options
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.