Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Override material, part of V-Ray: Control Color Bleed in Blender.
- [Teacher] Another material based…option that we can use for controlling color…bleed in our scenes and one that is…perhaps at least in my own opinion,…the most versatile color bleed control…available in V-Ray would be the override material.…Now this is not to be confused with…the override material option that we…have already used and is found…in the global section of the properties panel.…This particular option is essentially…a rays which material that can…be used to control not only GI rays in our scenes,…but also reflection, refraction…and shadow rays as well.…
To show how this can be used with our…base render already added to the history list,…let's select our floor geometry,…and from the materials section…of the add menu, add an override material…to our workspace, setting it down…just to the side of our floor material.…The options on the node itself…are fairly self explanatory, so let's…pipe our flow material into the base…or base material input.…This is the one that we will see…applied to the floor geometry in the final render,…
- How light works
- Geometry setup
- White balance control
- Use of problem colors
- Saturation control
- Single-bounce primary engines
- GI multiplier control
- Wrapper material
- Override material
- Color mapping and color bleed
- V-Ray object properties
- Render channels
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in Blenderwith George Maestri2h 6m Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Intermediate
Introduction and Important Information
1. Color Bleed Basics
Defining color bleed4m 53s
2. Physically Accurate Color Bleed Control
3. Global Illumination Controls
Saving GI map files to disk3m 54s
4. Other Color Bleed Control Options
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.