Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Odds and ends, part of V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Even though we have worked…through quite a number of exercises…in our update chapter at this point,…given the way that Chaos Group worked…to improve their software month after month,…the simple truth is that we have really touched…on just a fraction of the improvements and fixes…that went into the 3.1 to 3.3 updates.…What I want to do for this final exercise video then…is quickly highlight some of the smaller…and yet still extremely noteworthy touches that have gone…into V-Ray features,…such as the new UI tool tip system that was implemented…in 3.2 giving artists a quick and yet valuable overview…of what a tool or parameter in the engine is supposed to do.…
For instance, in the V-Ray tab and image sampler roll outs,…if I hover over the type drop down,…we get a tool tip that lists all of the options available…from the drop down list along with a brief description…of their functionality.…Whereas if we hover over a check box item,…a numeric input field,…or indeed some of the other drop down lists,…
- Using the new UI elements, Quick Settings, and revamped Frame Buffer
- Understanding color mapping modes
- Adding V-Ray light types
- Working with the V-Ray Sun and Sky systems and dome light
- Using irradiance mapping and light cache
- Working with diffuse color maps
- Making reflective materials
- Creating a translucency effect
- Using the new SSS and skin shaders
- Ensuring quality with image sampling
- Working with the adaptive subdivision engine
- Controlling the physical camera
- Working with FX tools such as VRayFur and VRayMetaball
- Stereoscopic 3D rendering
- Using Render Mask
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 02/02/2016. What changed?
A: We added tutorials on the new 3ds Max camera tool, which replaces the defunct V-Ray Physical Camera. The author also includes a method for creating a V-Ray camera via scripting.
Q: This course was updated on 04/19/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover V-Ray 3.1 to 3.3 updates.
SketchUp: Rendering with V-Ray 3with Brian Bradley4h 56m Intermediate
V-Ray: Control Color Bleed in SketchUpwith Brian Bradley1h 2m Intermediate
Introduction and Important Information
V-Ray 3.1 to 3.3 Updates
V-Ray 3.4 to 3.6 Updates
1. Getting Ready to Render with V-Ray
2. Key Lighting Tools
3. Global Illumination
4. V-Ray Materials and Maps
5. Quality Control with Image Sampling
6. Working with Cameras: The V-Ray Physical Camera
7. Working with Cameras: V-Ray 3 & the 3ds Max Physical Camera
8. The V-Ray FX Tools
What's next?1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.