Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Training.
- [Brian] Although we have come to the conclusion…of this particular update chapter…for the V-Ray 3 render engine in 3ds Max,…the good news is that there is yet more to come…with the 3.4 to 3.6 updates still to be covered…in a further update chapter.…And, of course, more exciting still for V-Ray users…is the fact that V-Ray 4 or V-Ray Next is on the way…and is already in public beta.…Until we see you again then,…this Brian Bradley saying take good care of yourselves…and bye for now.…
- Using the new UI elements, Quick Settings, and revamped Frame Buffer
- Understanding color mapping modes
- Adding V-Ray light types
- Working with the V-Ray Sun and Sky systems and dome light
- Using irradiance mapping and light cache
- Working with diffuse color maps
- Making reflective materials
- Creating a translucency effect
- Using the new SSS and skin shaders
- Ensuring quality with image sampling
- Working with the adaptive subdivision engine
- Controlling the physical camera
- Working with FX tools such as VRayFur and VRayMetaball
- Stereoscopic 3D rendering
- Using Render Mask
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 02/02/2016. What changed?
A: We added tutorials on the new 3ds Max camera tool, which replaces the defunct V-Ray Physical Camera. The author also includes a method for creating a V-Ray camera via scripting.
Q: This course was updated on 04/19/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover V-Ray 3.1 to 3.3 updates.
V-Ray: Control Color Bleed in SketchUpwith Brian Bradley1h 2m Intermediate
SketchUp: Rendering with V-Ray 3with Brian Bradley4h 56m Intermediate
Introduction and Important Information
V-Ray 3.1 to 3.3 Updates
V-Ray 3.4 to 3.6 Updates
1. Getting Ready to Render with V-Ray
2. Key Lighting Tools
3. Global Illumination
4. V-Ray Materials and Maps
5. Quality Control with Image Sampling
6. Working with Cameras: The V-Ray Physical Camera
7. Working with Cameras: V-Ray 3 & the 3ds Max Physical Camera
8. The V-Ray FX Tools
What's next?1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.