Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to this update, part of V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Training.
- [Brian] Hello, and welcome…to the second and final update chapter for my V-Ray 3…for my 3ds Max Essential Training course,…where we will again take a look…at just some of the features and updates that were added…in the 3.4 to 3.6 updates for V-Ray this time,…none of which of course were part of the 3.008 release…that was used to record the initial training course.…As before, even though we are only talking about…more point releases over the software,…something typically used to fix existing bugs,…we do have quite a batch of features and tools…to take a look at.…
And of course, what we cover here…is by no means even close to being a complete list…of all the new stuff that went into the 3.4 to 3.6 releases.…That having been said, there is still plenty…for us to look at and discuss in this update chapter,…and so let's get a move on and dive into the course.…
- Using the new UI elements, Quick Settings, and revamped Frame Buffer
- Understanding color mapping modes
- Adding V-Ray light types
- Working with the V-Ray Sun and Sky systems and dome light
- Using irradiance mapping and light cache
- Working with diffuse color maps
- Making reflective materials
- Creating a translucency effect
- Using the new SSS and skin shaders
- Ensuring quality with image sampling
- Working with the adaptive subdivision engine
- Controlling the physical camera
- Working with FX tools such as VRayFur and VRayMetaball
- Stereoscopic 3D rendering
- Using Render Mask
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 02/02/2016. What changed?
A: We added tutorials on the new 3ds Max camera tool, which replaces the defunct V-Ray Physical Camera. The author also includes a method for creating a V-Ray camera via scripting.
Q: This course was updated on 04/19/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover V-Ray 3.1 to 3.3 updates.
V-Ray: Control Color Bleed in SketchUpwith Brian Bradley1h 2m Intermediate
SketchUp: Rendering with V-Ray 3with Brian Bradley4h 56m Intermediate
Introduction and Important Information
V-Ray 3.1 to 3.3 Updates
V-Ray 3.4 to 3.6 Updates
1. Getting Ready to Render with V-Ray
2. Key Lighting Tools
3. Global Illumination
4. V-Ray Materials and Maps
5. Quality Control with Image Sampling
6. Working with Cameras: The V-Ray Physical Camera
7. Working with Cameras: V-Ray 3 & the 3ds Max Physical Camera
8. The V-Ray FX Tools
What's next?1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.