Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video How geometry setup can affect color bleed, part of V-Ray: Control Color Bleed in Blender.
- [Narrator] Something that may not be readily apparent…to us as we create materials in our scenes, is the fact that…the way in which we set up geometry in the scene…can make a big difference to how much color bleed…we actually get.…Perhaps I should more specifically say, the way in which…we set up our geometry surfaces can make a big difference.…To demonstrate, we again have the base render that…we have already taken,…saved to the V-Ray frame office history list.…And so, with the floor geometry selected, let's jump in…to the node tree tab, in the node editor window,…and connect the noise displacement map that we have here…to the color import on our displacement node.…
After which we can close the V-Ray frame buffer window,…and take a look another render.…If we compare what we have now, we can see that whilst…the difference this has made to our color bleed problem…isn't startling, we do nevertheless…see a measure of desaturation.…Mainly because light is no longer bouncing straight up…onto the walls from the flat floor surface.…
- How light works
- Geometry setup
- White balance control
- Use of problem colors
- Saturation control
- Single-bounce primary engines
- GI multiplier control
- Wrapper material
- Override material
- Color mapping and color bleed
- V-Ray object properties
- Render channels
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in Blenderwith George Maestri2h 6m Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Intermediate
Introduction and Important Information
1. Color Bleed Basics
Defining color bleed4m 53s
2. Physically Accurate Color Bleed Control
3. Global Illumination Controls
Saving GI map files to disk3m 54s
4. Other Color Bleed Control Options
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.