Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling reflectance in bitmap images, part of V-Ray: Control Color Bleed in Blender.
- [Instructor] Having seen how color value…and, to a lesser extent, color saturation…in the diffuse color of a material can help control…color bleed in an environment…we may begin to wonder what we would do…if we run into color bleed problems…whilst using bitmaps for the diffuse color in a material.…Well, let's set up our start scene here…so that we run into exactly that problem.…We can easily do this by coming over…to the Outliner panel and in there hiding…and disabling for rendering the current wood floor geometry…and then unhiding and enabling for rendering…the carpet floor objects.…
With that, let's go ahead and take a render…in order to see what we currently have…which, as you can see, is still a very definite…color bleed problem.…One thing we can perhaps note here though…is that a mixed color situation,…such as we see in the bitmap that we are using here,…doesn't appear to create anywhere near…as big a color bleed problem as did a single…solid color such as was used in the previous exercise.…A point that can help us tremendously if we keep it in mind.…
- How light works
- Geometry setup
- White balance control
- Use of problem colors
- Saturation control
- Single-bounce primary engines
- GI multiplier control
- Wrapper material
- Override material
- Color mapping and color bleed
- V-Ray object properties
- Render channels
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in Blenderwith George Maestri2h 6m Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Intermediate
Introduction and Important Information
1. Color Bleed Basics
Defining color bleed4m 53s
2. Physically Accurate Color Bleed Control
3. Global Illumination Controls
Saving GI map files to disk3m 54s
4. Other Color Bleed Control Options
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.