Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Color mapping and color bleed, part of V-Ray: Control Color Bleed in Blender.
- [Instructor] One set of controls…that I do want to take a quick look at in this final chapter…are the color mapping modes…that can be found in the global section…of the property panel's render temp.…Now strictly speaking, these don't offer…any specific control over color blend at all,…but seeing as they do affect the colors produced…in a final render…when you have the color mapping option turned on, that is.…Which it currently isn't by default in V-Ray for Blender.…Well, of course, we really need to take a quick look…at the options in the context of our color blend testing.…
As you can see we already have our baseline render…added to the history list.…This was taken using V-Ray's default color mapping mode…of Reinhard which we have, in fact, been using…throughout the entirety of the course…up to this point.…In its current and default configuration,…so using a burn value of one.…What this gives us is a completely linear-based render.…In other words, it produces an image…that is exactly the same…as we would get should we be using…
- How light works
- Geometry setup
- White balance control
- Use of problem colors
- Saturation control
- Single-bounce primary engines
- GI multiplier control
- Wrapper material
- Override material
- Color mapping and color bleed
- V-Ray object properties
- Render channels
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in Blenderwith George Maestri2h 6m Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Intermediate
Introduction and Important Information
1. Color Bleed Basics
Defining color bleed4m 53s
2. Physically Accurate Color Bleed Control
3. Global Illumination Controls
Saving GI map files to disk3m 54s
4. Other Color Bleed Control Options
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.