Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing placement of problem colors, part of V-Ray: Control Color Bleed in Blender.
- [Instructor] One final control option for color bleed…that we will test out in this chapter…is a bit of a common sense approach really,…in that it is good to keep an eye…on just where in a scene…we place our high-reflectance value colors.…To illustrate, let's add our existing base render…to the V-Ray frame buffer's history list,…and then basically swap…some of our scene materials around.…With the floor geometry selected,…let's jump into the materials tab in the properties panel…and add the existing light gray material to it.…
Then after selecting wall geometry,…assign the floor material.…If we then take a render…and compare what we have,…you can see that the amount…of color bleed in our environment…has been massively reduced now,…even though we are still seeing…some red being picked up by our floor.…And of course, because our direct light…is now being bounced from the brighter mid-gray material,…our overall illumination levels…in the scene are quite high.…Again, this may seem like an obvious,…and as we say, common sense approach,…
- How light works
- Geometry setup
- White balance control
- Use of problem colors
- Saturation control
- Single-bounce primary engines
- GI multiplier control
- Wrapper material
- Override material
- Color mapping and color bleed
- V-Ray object properties
- Render channels
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in Blenderwith George Maestri2h 6m Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Appropriate for all
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Introduction and Important Information
1. Color Bleed Basics
Defining color bleed4m 53s
2. Physically Accurate Color Bleed Control
3. Global Illumination Controls
Saving GI map files to disk3m 54s
4. Other Color Bleed Control Options
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.