Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Beware the GI multiplier control, part of V-Ray: Control Color Bleed in Blender.
- [Instructor] By this point in our course,…the connection in a GI render between incoming light energy…and the amount of color bleed that we end up with…in an environment,…has hopefully become readily apparent.…And so, in this video, we're going to take a quick look…at the GI multiplier controls in V-Ray…and see just what kind of impact on color bleed…using them might have.…Now although I personally never use…any of the GI multiplier controls in V-Ray…simply because they, in effect,…break the physical correctness of the lighting system,…I have, over the years, come across artists…who make routine use of them.…
And so, it makes sense to include them…in our color bleed discussion.…With the existing base render saved…to the history list then,…let's jump into the GI section…of the property panels render tab,…and in the global illumination rollout,…take a look at the GI multiplier spinners…that we find there.…We have a multiplier for each of the engine types available,…so primary and secondary bounces.…And of course, we have already learned…
- How light works
- Geometry setup
- White balance control
- Use of problem colors
- Saturation control
- Single-bounce primary engines
- GI multiplier control
- Wrapper material
- Override material
- Color mapping and color bleed
- V-Ray object properties
- Render channels
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in Blenderwith George Maestri2h 6m Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Intermediate
Introduction and Important Information
1. Color Bleed Basics
Defining color bleed4m 53s
2. Physically Accurate Color Bleed Control
3. Global Illumination Controls
Saving GI map files to disk3m 54s
4. Other Color Bleed Control Options
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.