Join Chris Nodder for an in-depth discussion in this video What is UX’s role on a team?, part of User Experience Insights with Chris Nodder.
- UX's role on a team is varied.…Even from the very beginning of my time…working user experience,…I found I was often the person who was the go-between…between the technology people and the business people.…I could speak both languages,…and I kind of translated both languages…into the language of the user,…which was a great way of having…that sort of Rosetta Stone of understanding…of what these two different teams do.…What I'd say to people in UX today…is carry on doing that kind of thing.…You are the person typically who can be the go-between…between all the different types of discipline…that you'll find in a typical tech team.…
By doing that, you've inserted yourself in a role…where it's pretty difficult to not be useful.…If you can help the whole team…come to a common understanding what it is they're building,…and why they're building it,…and who they're building it for,…you've made yourself pretty much in indispensable.…It's a way of bringing balance to the whole team…and helping make everybody's role more coherent.…
- Getting an organization started with user-centered design
- Substantiating the benefits of UX
- Helping systemizers on your team empathize with users
- How UX work today compares to the past
- Being a generalist vs. being a specialist
- Where is UX headed in the future?