Want to make better products? Learn how to use UX research to better inform your projects and build user-centric designs that truly delight your customers.
- Hi, I'm Amanda Stockwell. Welcome to User Experience Research Fundamentals. This course is intended for anyone whose interested in user experience, but does not have a background in research. You might be a designer looking for more research experience, a product manager, or anyone getting started in UX, or wanting to better understand how research fits into the design and development process. This course will provide an overview of the types of methodologies commonly used, an explanation of the benefits of incorporating UX research, high level breakdowns of the categories of research, considerations for determining what methods to use when, and an introduction to completing your first set of research.
If you're ready to dig in and learn more, let's get started.
This course introduces the fundamentals of user experience research so that anyone can understand the benefits and start integrating research into their everyday design and development process. Start watching to learn how to use UX research to find the answers to the most basic questions about your customers—who, what, when, why, and how—and drive better user experiences and business outcomes.
- An overview of research methods, including usability testing, interviewing, eye tracking, surveys, and many more
- A review of the main types of research, including quantitative and qualitative, behavioral and attitudinal, and moderated vs. unmoderated
- Determining the right methodologies based on organizational environment, client type, and project stage
- Targeting the right research participants
- Crafting the right questions in the right way
- Analyzing and presenting your data