Join Chris Nodder for an in-depth discussion in this video Speak from data, not opinion, part of Making User Experience Happen as a Team.
- There's a phrase I've used several times…throughout this course and I want to focus…a little more attention on it right now…so that you understand what I mean.…The phrase is "speak from data, not opinion."…And over the years it's kind of become my mantra.…Here's why.…Everyone on the product team has an opinion.…They seldom will have the same opinion,…so there'll be an argument.…Data trumps opinion.…So if you have data you can help the team understand…how their users truly behave.…This helps resolve the arguments,…and means they won't create product features…based on false assumptions.…
That, in turn, means the product is likely…to be more successful when it releases,…which makes everyone happier.…You need to have readily accessible,…easily digestible data.…And you need to push it out into the world,…rather than waiting to be asked about it.…Make a repository of user information to draw from…in meetings, developer chats, presentations,…and pretty much any random conversation you have at work,…as well as primary data,…
In this practical course, look at what it takes to help systemizers to empathize, and how you can best integrate with development teams, communicate the value of UX to business-oriented team members, and cultivate executive champions. Upon wrapping up this course, you'll have a better understanding of how to help your colleagues grasp the importance of user experience—which, in turn, can help make design decisions a bit easier.
- Integrating with development teams
- Owning the user experience
- UX as a brand
- Resources for teams you can't help
- Speaking from data, not opinion
- Influencing without authority
- Cultivating executive champions
- Justifying your budget