This video discusses the importance of setting specific goals for user experience research so that you can best determine which method to use and get the most out of your research sets.
- [Voiceover] Once you've determined the high level…product phase, you'll want to examine the exact questions…you're trying to answer with each particular study.…The more specific your goal, the easier it will be…to figure out what methodology to employ.…Also keep in mind that if you have multiple research goals,…you may want to combine elements of different…research methods to efficiently answer your questions.…Let's imagine that you're actively designing and building…a new feature on an ecommerce site that allows users…to choose when and where to receive their item,…such as at their home, their office, or at the store.…
You may have a designer offer a few different possible…interactions and ask you to research…which one you should implement.…Let's break down what you really need…to know from research at this point.…Which of the options is easier to use for your users?…Are there other options to receive…their item that we didn't think of?…To best compare interactions, you'd want to perform…a usability test where each user interacts…
This course introduces the fundamentals of user experience research so that anyone can understand the benefits and start integrating research into their everyday design and development process. Start watching to learn how to use UX research to find the answers to the most basic questions about your customers—who, what, when, why, and how—and drive better user experiences and business outcomes.
- An overview of research methods, including usability testing, interviewing, eye tracking, surveys, and many more
- A review of the main types of research, including quantitative and qualitative, behavioral and attitudinal, and moderated vs. unmoderated
- Determining the right methodologies based on organizational environment, client type, and project stage
- Targeting the right research participants
- Crafting the right questions in the right way
- Analyzing and presenting your data
Skill Level Beginner
1. Research Overview
2. Types of Research
3. Environmental Considerations
4. Choosing the Proper Research Methodology
5. Analyzing and Presenting Your Findings
Analyzing your data6m 37s
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.